Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Helpful Hints For Great Skin - part 1

We all are struggling to get perfect skin. Well, there is no such thing. We can have great skin, but our faces will never look as photo shopped in real life.  (In fact, it took me forever to find a picture that hadn't been photo shopped! oh, the world we live in.) Now by all means, I do not have great skin. I have issues that I am still struggling with, but here is some advice that has worked for me so far because we all know that for great makeup we need a good canvas to start on.

1. Duh water.   It hydrates your skin. It flushes out toxins in your body. Drink more of it and your probably going to look better all around. I don't want to go too much into this one because it's been preached over and over and your sick of hearing about it. But it works.  So switch a pop for a bottle of water. Have it with your meals. Have a glass when you wake up, and an hour before bed (This morning and night thing also helps with bad breath)

2. Good Eats. Who would have thought that eating proper meals would be good for your skin? oh ya, we all did. It's just easier said that done.  Just keep trying. I keep learning that when I eat food that is better for me my skin looks a whole lot nicer . One big thing that has helped because I eat so much of it is spinach (hello Popeye) Since I've added spinach into my weekly,but more like daily diet my skin has had a huge boost of nutrients that has made it easier to look in the mirror. I sneak it into stir frys or lasagna if I treat myself, I substitute it into salads instead of iceberg lettuce, which is main way I like to eat it.

3. Show A New Layer Of Yourself. Oh my gosh I don't even like to think about how lazy I used to be about exfoliating my skin. I was just awful, like once a month or two. Yuck. I hate thinking about how much dead skin was on my face. Now I'm smarter. I keep my facial exfoliater in my shower with everything else. I give myself a good face scrub 1-3 times a week, because that's what my skin needs. Everyone is different but at least once a week.


to be continued.

-StayFabulous

10 comments:

  1. Great guide! See you commented on my post :D seems we share a love of benefit! Follow me and I'll follow right on back :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good tips, three very simple but effective ways to better skin that everyone can do!

    I like your blog :)

    Amelia @ UGLY DUCKLING x

    I WAS AN UGLY DUCKLING BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice tips.. i've been eating a lot of spinach lately because i'm anaemic so i need the iron..
    but hopefully it benefit my skin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) I had no idea it had lot's of iron! I only started eating more of it because I had always heard people say the darker the green the better it is for you.

      Delete
  4. These are good tips! I'm really lazy about exfoliating also, but after reading this I'm going to try to remember to use a face scrub at least 1-2 times a week. haha!

    alexaheartsit@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's definitley are hard habbit to get into since it's not something you should do everyday. honestly the only way i rememberd to do it was keep to keep the exfoliater in my shower so I saw it all the time

      Delete
  5. I am absolutely terrible when it comes to exfoliating my face. It's shameful, really. I'm just so lazy! Great tips though :)

    http://myeverydayrunway.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete