Friday, January 27, 2012

Benefit - Some Kind-A Gorgeous -The Foundation Faker

Benefit Some Kind-A Gorgeous
9.5 g / o.34 oz
$36 CDN

Last night I caved. I went and bought the full size Some Kind-A Gorgeous Foundation Faker by Benefit. I got a sample just over a week ago and I've been loving it so much I had..no NEEDED to get the full size container. It's been a long time since I've fallen in love with a sample so much, but this foundation faker is magical.

Some Kind-A gorgeous is cream to powder foundation. I'd like to say it's a new layer of perfect skin.
It's incredibly lightweight (feels like a naked face), evens out my skin color (goodbye acne scars) and yet still somehow lets my natural skin show through (like the freckles around my nose I love)
This is the product I've been waiting for my whole life for, what I've dreamed and hoped that every liquid foundation I've ever tried would be but wasn't.

The formula is oil free which is great because I have "wonderful oily skin". hah.  The most magical part though is the finish and lasting power.  I wouldn't say it's matte, nor would I say glowy. It just looks like skin. Beautiful healthy skin. And it stays all day.  How awesome is that? I worked an 8 hour day
and my face looked the same as it did in the morning when I applied it. Wow. The same goes for every day I've worn it. It just lasts and lasts and lasts.

The one thing that you must know before buying this product is that the shades are a lot lighter than they appear to be. I would say I have a light/medium skin tone and I use the medium shade. I swatched the light but I think that may be for skin tones that are close to an alabaster color. Girls who are pretty  light like me might be a medium as well. Girls with medium skin tones may be a medium, maybe even deep. And deep skin toned girls might work for the deep shade, and some it may be too light for them. So I highly recommend swatching first.

Starting to get ready
Loreal studio secrets primer
Benfit Some Kind-A Gorgeous
De-Slick setting spray
Dusting of MAC Studio Fix Powder
MAC Dame blush

This may be a new Holy Grail product, who knows. The odds are looking good.

-Stay Fabulous

6 comments:

  1. I've only tried Benefit's lip gloss and I liked it. After reading your review on the foundation, I think I'm going to give it a try. Thank you!

    welivedourlivesinstyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i've never tried any of their lipgloss, but they have some really great colors. I'm definitley going to check them out now! :)
      -Hayley xx

      Delete
  2. i hope youve tried there 'erase paste' concealer! Its great espesially for under eyes, its not too heavy compared to their 'Boing' concealer - i find its very heavy under my eyes and works better on my blemishes! love the blog!

    check out my blog
    thebeautiful-days.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! and no i've never tried their erase paste. I was just at one of their counters playing with the BOING concealer and my thoughts were the same -very heavy, Definitley going to have to check out erase paste now - Thanks for the suggestion :)

      Delete
  3. I have this but I have yet to try it out haha... maybe I should get on that! :)
    http://foxxybeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete