Saturday, December 10, 2011

DIY- Hair Treatments

Now I'm not sure if I have a stomach flu or if my stomach is taking the blunt from me being so stressed and upset the last few days but never the less I need to get out of bed and write a blog post.

I've been having one of those times in my life where everything seems to be falling apart, and being through one of these times before, and making it out alive I know deep down everything is going to be okay.

But what do you do when your sad...You treat yourself.

Professional treatments can be expensive, maybe you don't like to use chemicals, maybe you just need to have some fun...whatever your reason why not try a DIY hair treatment. All you have to do is look in your kitchen!

PS. This girls fake eyelashes are amazing.
Now I want some!


Smooth with Olive oil - Super simple.Throw a towel in the dryer to warm up. Some people say a damp towel in the microwave but the idea of putting a towel in the microwave freaks me out. Coat your hair evenly from top to bottom with extra virgin olive oil. then wrap the warm towel around your head to lock in the heat. Sit for about 30-40 minutes. Or do homework, play a game, watch a movie, whatever. Then Shower, wash your hair with your regular shampoo. *Make sure your really shampoo your scalp so there is no oily residue*  Your hair is going to be unbelievably soft.

Boost protein with Egg&Honey- Mix together 1-3 eggs depending on how long and thick your hair is, and mix with equal parts of honey in a bowl.  Again throw a warm towel around your head (locks in the heat, and stops any potential messes) and wait about 20-30 minutes. Then rinse and shampoo.

Nourish and volumize with Avocado&Honey&Olive Oil - Mash together 1/2- 1 whole avocado depending on your hair length. Add a tablespoon of honey and a tablespoon of olive oil. Mix together. Apply to the middle of the hair shaft and work your way down concentrating on your ends. leave 10-15 minutes. wash away and shampoo.

Soften with  Mayonnaise- The grossest smelling of them all! And all it is...is plain mayo. Nasty? yes. But do you end up with silky soft hair? yes.  I just coated my entire head and left it for 5-10 minutes. (that's as long as I could because the smell was over powering. Then wash away with water and shampoo hair.

Shine with Beer- * If you are underage please ask your parents first. Trust me. When I was 16 and did this my parents saw the empty can and thought I drank it and I got in trouble. It didn't help that it was Sunday morning either. *

Unlike the other options, this isn't going to make your hair soft and smooth. This is going to add a very high amount of shine to your hair. It's incredible. And no, it doesnt' make your hair look greasy, just soooo healthy. Shampoo hair. condition. rinse. then poor beer throughout your strand *as your still in the shower* and rinse again.


Color Boost for Brunettes  with Cocoa&Honey&Vinegar&Yogurt - 1/2 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup yogurt, 1 tablespoon honey, 1/2 tablespoon of vinegar (apple cider vinegar works best) Mix to a pasty consistency and apply after shampooing. Leave for about 4-5 minutes and rinse.

Color Boost for Blondes with Potato&Chamomiles&Lemon- grate potato and mix with enough lemon juice to form a paste. add 1/3 cup of chamomile tea and spread evenly throughout hair. Wrap a warm towel around head or plastic cap to seal in heat. leave for about 10 minutes and rinse out.

StayFabulous-

1 comment: